Outstanding Results: Bucks UTC Students Exceed Expectations
On 18th August 2016, we were delighted to hand out our Level 3 students’ results for AS/A2 and BTEC specialist subjects, and once more on the 25th August for our Level 2 students. This has been one of the most successful academic years of our curriculum. Our results are as follows:
Level 3 (Extended Diploma & AS/A2)
- Success rates for post-16 specialist subjects at Level 3 remain outstanding with overall high grades (Distinction*/Distinction) at 56.5%, an increase of 1.5% on the previous year and 26.2% above the national average and 100% pass rate.
- In Computing 21% achieved the highest possible grade – Distinction*/Distinction*/Distinction*, 4.7% above the national average at 16.3%.
- 68.4% achieved Distinction*/Distinction grades, 21.6% above the published national average.
- AS pass rates were in line with the published national average of 90%, and our A2 pass rates were in line with the published national average of 98%.
Level 2 (GCSEs & BTEC)
- Success rates for specialist subjects are good with overall Merit grades at 23%, 14% above the published national average.
- All specialist subjects achieved a 100% pass rate.
- Construction BTEC First Diploma achieved 33% Merit grades, 12.7% above the published national average.
- Computing BTEC First Diploma achieved 19% Merit grades, 10% above the published national average.
- Students achieving 5 GCSEs A*-C rose by 15% from the previous academic year.
- Students’ Levels of Progress (GCSEs) – GCSE English Language & Literature results rose significantly from the previous year, putting them in line with the published national average. Mathematics was slightly below.
2015-16 has been a year of success and inspiration for students of the college. We’ve had a wide range of employer and community-led projects, exciting visits from Industry big-players such as Network Rail, high numbers of students took on work placements, and following receipt of their results, an outstanding number of Level 3 students have gained entry to university or full-time employment, with many Level 2 students furthering their education with us or securing employment.
Here’s what some of our highest achievers had to say about receiving their results:
Sponsored by World-Industry Leaders
UTCs are a new concept in education, responding to growing demands from the Computing and Construction industries for well-educated, high-calibre employees. We combine the hand and mind to integrate National curriculum requirements with hands-on, employer-led courses.
Bucks UTC offers exciting opportunities for students aged between 14-19. In Years 10 and 11, students can undertake a specialist diploma in a chosen area of interest whilst completing their GCSEs. And in Years 12 and 13 (Sixth Form), learners get the chance to work for a variety of different companies, be it through projects, and/or work experience, whilst having an education that explores all routes of the industry they might wish to progress into.
Our UTC is sponsored by world-industry leaders. Our Computing programme is sponsored by Intel and Cisco, and our Construction programme is sponsored by Taylor Wimpey. This ensures students gain the right skills, motivation and a genuine work-related learning experience to provide them with the best chance of success in securing a career within their respective industries. 30+ local companies also support our programme, providing further learning resources, projects and one-day-a-week placements throughout Sixth-Form studies.
If you’re interested in learning more about our specialist courses, check out our prospectus.
And if you or your child is interested in joining our Sixth Form, please feel welcome to drop in or contact us and we can talk about your options and the possibility to join us for September 2017. Alternatively, you can apply online and we’ll get back to you to arrange an interview.